For the love of art
We got chatting with artist Debbie Templeton-Page of York Street Gallery of Fine Art, and her menagerie of cute Griffon dogs.
Debbie's sculptures feature throughout Timaru including the Aigantighe Art Gallery, the foyer of the Timaru District Council, St Marys Church, and at the top of the main street overlooking Caroline Bay, there you'll see her 3.2 metre bluestone piece titled Bronze.
Timaru District is home to some fabulous galleries, if you're looking for a contemporary or heritage work to add to your collection.
We asked Debbie what she loves doing in Timaru District
- Visit the Aigantighe Art Gallery.
- Take the dogs walking at Caroline Bay.
- Wander around the city visiting all the public art sculptures (pick up a sculpture hunt map from the Aigantighe).
- Have lunch at Miaflora Cafe and Garden Centre in Winchester.
- Visit Peel Forest, do some walking tracks.
We love good food
We got chatting about how there are so many fantastic places to wine and dine throughout the District, we're literally spoilt for choice. Debbie's current favourite evening spot is Hector Black's. It's a cool lounge bar with fabulous interiors, comfy sofas, an epic cocktail list.....see it for yourself, add it to your list of outings this weekend.